CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Olympic Gold Medal Mile & Cabela's


Today we got up early at 7:00 am on a Saturday to go to the Olympic Gold Medal Mile Fun Run/ Walk with the Intermountain Healing Hearts Organization. On the drive there Austin slept but the girls were awake the whole drive. We arrived at the park right around 8:30 and got the kids dressed in the back of the pathfinder and headed over to get our t-shirts and name tags from registration while the kids played on the playground. We then got our shirts on (they even had a cute little one for Ashlynn) and were ready to race the only problem was we had about 40 minutes left to wait for the race to start. While we were getting everyone’s shirts on the Hoods arrived and invited us to have bagels and chocolate milk and that helped tie over the time we had left. A quick stop at the bathroom and we are ready to go! Yea we are going to run/walk/roll a mile :). However since we got the kids up a lot earlier than they are used too they unfortunately were not very happy about walking and half way through the first half a mile Brooklynn began to cry. So I pulled her clear around to the start again (you had to go around the trail twice to make the mile) and lucky for her and us the Hoods had their stroller in the car and she was able to ride the other half a mile. While we were trying to find a way to make Brooklynn want to walk I suggested to Austin that Brooklynn might just beat him and of course there would be none of that he took off running and I did not see him until the finish line, Brian said that he ran almost the whole second half of the mile. It was much more enjoyable for everyone once Brooklynn was riding. I guess we will for sure be taking the double stroller with us on or vacation here next month. I was thinking the kids might be old enough to walk but after today that is for sure not the case. After the mile was over they had a presentation for all the Angles (those with heart conditions that have passed away) it was a very emotional presentation to say the least. Even though the day started very early for some of us in this family we are so glad that we went and got to participate in this event!

Thank you Hoods for giving us this opportunity to let our children learn about how to care and serve others!




On our way home from the fun run / walk we stopped at Cabela’s for the first time ever and had lunch and looked around. The kids really liked to look at the animals and watch the fish swim. We will have to go back another day when they feed the fish and watch that.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jana Banana said...

I wanted to go so bad to that today- but Ike had to work all morning! I should have called you for a ride :) Glad it was a neat experience, and it is fun to see the pictures! Hope you are doing good, and hopefully we can hang out one day soon!!

Brittany said...

I wanted to go to, but Carson had a soccer game in the morning. I am glad you were able to go and support the Hood's! You are awesome! Cute pictures!! (And yes, you will want your double stroller when you go to CA! I am jealous, I want to go to CA too!!

Moosman Fam said...

How neat! I love the picture of you and Ashlynn at Cabela's. Too cute!

Amy said...

How fun! I love cabella's! I've been wanting to go with Mackenzie so that she can see all the neat stuff they have there. I love the fishtanks! Too bad I can't ever catch big fish like those in the tanks... I secretly have wished I could take one of those fishing poles and head on over to their "river" and catch me a whopper...or let Jason do it so he can say he finally caught a fish! :)

The Hood's said...

Kristi, love the pics! You are so good to get yours posted before me! You guys were so great to come and support! It really meant a lot to us! Glad you had fun at Cabelas!