CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Poor Ashlynn :(




This last Saturday Ashlynn was pushed off a bed by one of her kind siblings and cried for a bit but there was no swelling and no bruising and we didn’t think much about it until that night when I tried to put on her coat and she threw a fit. So on Sunday when she fell off the couch and once again cried and would not use her left arm it concerned us a little more. So we watched her very carefully and there was no swelling and no bruising so we thought I just must me a pulled muscle. Her forearm was a little hard but it wasn’t really swollen and there was no bruising. But over the last few days if she trips and falls on her hand she cries and she has been really cranky (I thought it was because of her cold). So today she fell on the floor in the bathroom and didn’t stop crying for several minutes. So I decided I better take her to kids care and see what was up. Well guess what? Both of the bones in her left forearm are broken about an inch below her elbow. So now we know that is why she has been so cranky and upset. The picture above is her soft cast, tomorrow we get to go in and get a hard cast put on. I feel so bad for not taking her in sooner. I guess she would have just had to wear the soft cast for longer, that she really hates.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Hood's said...

Poor Ashlynn! She looks so sad sitting there. I hope that everything goes okay for her and you guys too! When can I bring you dinner? I'll be calling!

Melissa said...

Oh poor little thing! That is so sad! I hope she feels better soon!

Jana Banana said...

Wow, that isn't fun!! I had no idea! You have had so much going on, thanks for still doing enrichment tonight, you are amazing! Let me know if you need anything!

Ike said...

It's too bad little kids can't tell us what's wrong. Wouldn't it be great if a baby would tell you they're crying because they're hungry?

Glad you took her in!

Katie said...

Poor little Ashlynn! Don't feel bad though, it's just one of the many reasons we wish our kids could talk sooner!
I hope she feels better soon! Let us know if you need anything!

Jen said...

That stinks. Hope she is feeling better soon. Don't feel too bad my mom didn't think I had broken my arm and I was 5 and told her that I thought it was broken. She still didn't believe me. oh and by the way we aren't moving to far away maybe Kaysville or Layton we just want a bigger house for all the kids to run around in.

Brittany said...

Oh my...poor girl! I totally wouldn't think it was a broken arm either...so don't feel bad! How long does she have a cast for? Like 6 weeks?? I had some broken bones when I was little...it isn't toof fun! But hopefully it will all be healed by summer! :) Let me know if you need anything!

Jen said...

Oh, my heart aches for her. That is so sad. Is there anything I can do to help out? Leah has been sick this week, but I'm sure she'll be feeling better next week and I'd love to have Austin and Brooklynn come over to play! I'll give you a call. Hang in there. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.