CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The mind of a Three Year Old

About two weeks ago we bought Brooklynn a potty watch hoping that it would help her learn to use the bathroom and amazingly after two weeks with a few accidents here and there she is potty trained. Unfortunately it is too bad that I had to learn today what I learned. A three year old really doesn’t understand a toilet. I was sitting at the computer looking at everyone’s blog when Brooklynn said, “I need to go to the bathroom watch my toys for me”, so I said ok and off she went. After just a few seconds I heard her flush the toilet and thought to myself ok she will be out in a minute, but then she didn’t come. I thought I heard water in the sink and I thought to myself she must be washing her hands but my second thought was, that water sounds like it was coming out a little too fast for the sink and low and behold it was, it was the toilet over flowing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I ask her what happened and all she could say was, “the water wouldn’t go down so I kept flushing”. I think she now understands that if after the first flush it doesn’t go down then she better come get me. I had to use her princess towel to stop the water from going out the door of the bathroom and on to the carpet to say the least she wasn’t very happy about it. I sure hope she doesn’t do that again. What a mess, isn’t being a mom wonderful. :/

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Don't you just hate that! Just about every time the boys poop in their toilet I have to plunge it. They feel like they have to use 50 squares of toilet tissue to get themselves clean, and I hate wiping them, so I just deal with it. Luckily their toilet hasn't overflowed yet, cross my fingers!

Jana Banana said...

As much as I am looking forward to having Luke potty trained- I am not looking forward to the mess it involves.

That is so nice that Brooklynn is offically potty trained- you will have to give me all of the tips that worked for you this time!

Marla B said...

So, nothing was plugging it up! whew! that was lucky! good job! 1 in diapers is GREAT!

Katie said...

So far, we haven't had any accidents with toilets overflowing! But it did take awhile for Kenadie to be toilet paper trained, meaning we had to keep telling her that you don't have to use a whole roll each time! LOL!

Brittany said...

that makes me laugh...We got Carson a potty watch, and that has helped too. It is a good reminder for him (and me) to go. He is on the 3rd day of training and doing so good! So hopefully this will be the start of no more diapers for him! I am sure we will have toilet issues with him, like everyone does!! Good luck with future toilet adventures! :)

Stephanie Everson said...

that is so funny hop you had fun cleaning that up

Michele said...

being a mom is a dirty job that is for sure! i do not look forward to the day i have to potty train...

The Hood's said...

Who knew that a princess towel could save the day?! Congrats on the training.

Jen said...

That's hilarious! What is the deal with flushing the toilet multiple times? They don't see us adults do it. So where does that come from? I'm sure she was pretty ticked you used the princess towel. That would not have gone well with Leah either.